Monday, June 28, 2010

Song of Sparrow



On a sunday morning
In the month of June,
When the sky was heavy
with a prodigal sun.

A note on my facebook
Page did pop,
I looked and clicked
As my jaw did drop.

A request t'was sent
from a girl so cute,
A crush I 'd in college
Lost in vain pursuit.

I checked her current status
But nothing I could make.
Her profile wasn't open
For strangers' sake.

I confirmed her, I did.
And gladly sad was I.
So many years did pass,
But I couldn't pass her by!

I went through all her pics,
And scribbled on her wall.
She looked so smugly arty,
Had a fan club called - FOOTBALL.

She hated, I remember
My Beckham and Zidane.
And threw her stupid sonnets
What.... Leda and the Swan.

The prickly puns
She pattered profound,
Had a scorpion's sting
And a woodpecker's sound.

And though t'was hell,
I endured her scorn.
From the grace on her face
To the grandeur in her yawn !

And how I wondered-
Worried in earnest-
Did soccer that she hated
Was now a chief interest?

Her info pages showed
An entirely new avatar.
Time'd brought her things,
That're once for her too far.

An urbane mask'd veiled
A carefree, jubilant charm.
The calm on her visage
and the poise in her form.


How could the glory
of my long adored crush ,
Fade so freaking fast
in a fuzzy white rush?

Grimly glad that her
Moment had arrieved,
To wish for my friendship,
Did make me take some pride !

Though a foolish thing it was,
I knew that mooning'd harm.
But the tiniest pleasures of life
Have freaking, crazy charms!


Never in the past

Did I fancy a future strange,

But memories tread those lanes

Only mysteries make us change.


And then I forgot that
Sunday morning in June,
And the quaint charming hopes,
until December Doomed.

A sudden blow, as though
Laid on my head.
Hatemail tanked
I had my life's dread !

The contacts on my list
Were sent a number of mails.
The sender's name was mine,
And some Holy Obscene details !

With fingers vague
I drafted apologies.
And set upon the hacker
On a wild goose chase !


And then it hit me

On a morning , like an arrow !

The girl I added was but

A Captain Jack Sparrow !


Omkar Kulkarni